Another great way to do pizza is by making these chicken calzones recipe! This Italian favorite is like a pizza folded in half for easier eating and contains surprises inside with each bite.
How To Make Copycat Louise's Italian Cafe Grilled Chicken Calzones
- 10 oz pizza dough refrigerated
- 1/4 cup pesto prepared
- 6 tbsp ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 oz mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 oz sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 1 chicken breast boneless, skinless, cut into bite-size pieces,half, partly cooked.
- 1 tsp Parmesan/Romano mixture grated
- 2 1/2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- parsley sprigs for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Unroll pizza dough and place on greased baking sheet.
- Layer pesto, cheeses, sun-dried tomatoes and chicken breast pieces in middle of dough.
- Lift one edge of dough and stretch over the filling to form a half-moon.
- Seal edges by pressing with tines of fork or pizza wheel, and make a fluted edge around the seal.
- Prick top with fork to allow steam to escape. Brush with olive oil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with parsley.
Calories: 621kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 76mg | Sodium: 1101mg | Potassium: 634mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 751IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 181mg | Iron: 4mg