Looking for a diabetic-friendly stir fry? Give this recipe a try! You can try many tasty variations such as chicken-broccoli stir fry!
How To Make Diabetic-Friendly Broccoli Chicken Stir Fry
- 4 (3 oz.) boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tsp canola or olive oil
- 3 cup broccoli florets chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and cored
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat a wide skillet containing some canola oil on medium-high. Throw in some garlic and the chicken breasts and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and lower the skillet's temperature. Then add bell pepper and broccoli florets to the skillet. Cook the chicken covered for 3-5 minutes. Afterward, remove the cooked chicken from heat and keep it warm.
- In a small bowl, prepare a mixture of Worcestershire sauce, chicken broth, ginger, and cornstarch. This acts as the cornstarch mixture.
- Add the cornstarch mixture and the cooked chicken in the same skillet.
- Bring the skillet to a boil and stir for about 6-7 minutes. Once finished, serve it hot and enjoy your meal.
Calories: 54kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 158mg | Potassium: 406mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1357IU | Vitamin C: 101mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 1mg