The McDonald’s cheeseburger is one of the fast food restaurant’s most beloved items. Each beef patty is seasoned with onion, salt, and pepper, then topped with pickles and melty American cheese. A squeeze of ketchup and yellow mustard jazzes the cheeseburgers up. If you want to enjoy its deliciousness without waiting in that long drive-thru line, you’re in luck! We have the original McDonald’s cheeseburger recipe (or rather, something similar to it) in our arsenal!
So, skip the trip to Mickey D’s and simply replicate their iconic cheeseburger at home. And all for a fraction of the cost! Try pairing this McDonald’s chocolate shake with your burger for a filling fast food experience.
Tips for Making McDonald’s Cheeseburger
Quick and easy to prepare, this easy hamburger recipe brings the famous Golden Arches straight to your home! Here are some tips and tricks on how to make this McDonald’s cheeseburger recipe at home:
- For a better-tasting burger, use fresh ground beef for this cheeseburger recipe. Ask your local butcher for finely ground meat if you want the texture of your patty to be closer to the fast food version.
- Homemade beef patties taste more delicious than prepackaged ones. Take the extra time to make your own beef patties; the effort will be worth it!
- Use rehydrated dried minced onion if you want an authentic McDonald’s burger. Rumor has it that McDonald’s uses rehydrated dried minced onion in their burgers. But of course, you can also use freshly chopped onions if you want.
- Toast the hamburger buns! For added crunch, try toasting the buns before assembling your homemade cheeseburger. This trick will also prevent the buns from getting soggy.
- Don’t go overboard on the sauces and pickles! If you don’t want to end up with soggy buns, only add a few squirts of ketchup and yellow mustard. Moreover, a few dill pickle slices or minced ones will do too, to keep the toppings from falling out.
With our easy burger recipe and these simple hacks, you can easily make a homemade cheeseburger that’s comparable to McDonald’s! And if you’re still craving your favorite fast food favorites, give these McDonald’s copycat recipes a try.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does McDonald’s season their burgers with?
According to McDonald’s, they season their burgers with salt and pepper. The beef patties like in these McDonald’s cheeseburgers are only seasoned right before they are cooked. This brings out the natural, delicious beef taste from the meat.
What cheese is used in McDonald's cheeseburgers?
McDonald’s uses American cheese, which has been made specifically for them, in their cheeseburgers. It’s a known fact that McDonald’s has their own suppliers, and the popular fast-food chain usually has the cheese specially made for them.
Unfortunately, you cannot buy McDonald’s cheese in grocery stores and supermarkets. To mimic the taste of McDonald’s cheese, look for processed and pre-sliced cheddar cheese instead.
How many calories are in a McDonald's cheeseburger?
Generally, one serving of McDonald’s cheeseburger contains around 300 to 350 calories. Plus, it’s also a good source of protein! However, the cheeseburger at McDonald’s has a high amount of sodium that’s far more than our bodies need. Still, there’s no harm in indulging your cravings every once in a while.
How To Make Original McDonald's Cheeseburger
This Mcdonald’s cheeseburger recipe yields a juicy, restaurant-style hamburger 一 easily made with few ingredients! It’s a quick and easy snack to make if you’re craving your favorite fast food item.
- Combine the ground beef and minced yellow onion in a large mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper, then mix until evenly incorporated.
- Portion the beef mixture into 4-ounce patties. Use a round mold to shape the beef patties.
- Preheat the griddle and grease with cooking spray. Then, preheat the oven to 360 degrees F.
- Grill the patties on the griddle for roughly 5 to 8 minutes per side.
- Place 1 slice of American cheese on each patty. Allow the patties to cook for roughly 3 to 5 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Remove the patties and clean the griddle.
- Heat the burger buns on the griddle until lightly toasted.
- Place roughly 1 tablespoon of yellow mustard on either half of the bun, and roughly 1 tablespoon of ketchup on the other half of the bun.
- Place the patty on the bottom bun, followed by roughly 1-ounce pickle slices.
- Cover with the top bun and serve with potato fries. Enjoy!
- Sugar: 5g
- Calcium: 272mg
- Calories: 439kcal
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Cholesterol: 102mg
- Fat: 32g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 3mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 13g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 510mg
- Protein: 25g
- Saturated Fat: 13g
- Sodium: 1035mg
- Trans Fat: 2g
- Vitamin A: 338IU
- Vitamin C: 3mg
ConclusionSatisfy your fast food cravings with this easy McDonald's cheeseburger recipe! Juicy burgers are topped with American cheese, ketchup, mustard, and dill pickle slices. Serve with your favorite sides for a full fast-food experience!
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!