How To Make BBQ Chicken Sheet Pan Pizza
Got leftover chicken? Whip this recipe up and sink your teeth into this sheet pan pizza that’s topped with chicken, BBQ sauce, onion, and mozzarella cheese!
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Place a rack in the lowest position.
Place the dough in the center of the baking sheet and drizzle with the oil.
Turn the dough to coat it well, spreading some of the oil over the baking sheet.
Gradually stretch the dough until it reaches the edges of the baking sheet, being careful not to rip any holes in the dough.
If the dough springs back or is difficult to stretch, this usually means that the dough is too cold.
To remedy the situation, cover with plastic wrap and let rest for 10 minutes before continuing.
Mix together the shredded chicken and barbecue sauce in a bowl, then spread evenly over the pizza dough, leaving a little bit of a border around the pizza.
Sprinkle evenly with two-thirds⅔ of the cheese, scatter the red onion and then the jalapeño, and then sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
Set the pan on the lowest shelf of the oven and bake for about 15 minutes until the cheese melts and the pizza is golden brown.
Cut into squares and serve hot.
- If the dough is store-bought or has been refrigerated for a long time, set it out on the counter for at least 30 minutes to bring it to room temperature to make it easier to work with.
- If there’s no leftover chicken or a rotisserie chicken to make this recipe, quickly poach a few chicken breasts following this method.
- It’s nice to have cheese both under and over the toppings, but it can be assembled however preferred.
- Optional topping: Pineapples
- Calories: 521.97kcal
- Fat: 21.48g
- Saturated Fat: 7.72g
- Trans Fat: 0.05g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 8.84g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.30g
- Carbohydrates: 59.06g
- Fiber: 2.71g
- Sugar: 17.30g
- Protein: 21.98g
- Cholesterol: 60.23mg
- Sodium: 1187.48mg
- Calcium: 245.56mg
- Potassium: 324.25mg
- Iron: 3.06mg
- Vitamin A: 81.49µg
- Vitamin C: 4.57mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!