Tilapia is a great fish and usually very reasonable. You can try incorporating it in your meals every one in a while. It’s a great source of protein and is good for keeping a well-balanced diet. Our recipe makes it light yet still full of flavor. It can be served with any number sides (pasta, couscous, rice, ect.) or can also be served over a bed of greens, just dress the greens with some of the basil oil.
How To Make Tilapia with Basil Oil and Fresh Summer Salsa
A simple pan-fried tilapia is topped with a flavorful basil oil before finishing it off with an interesting salsa sauce.
- Combine all ingredients and mix carefully.
- Set in the refrigerator until the fish is ready to be served.
- In a blender or food processor, add 1 cup basil, 1/2 cup olive oil, garlic clove, salt and lime juice and zest.
- Blend until smooth.
- The color should be a bright green.
- In a hot skillet or frying pan, add 2 tbsp. olive oil.
- Season the tilapia on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Add the fillets to the pan and cook about 3-5 minutes one side until golden brown and turn over and cook another 2-3 minutes until the fish is cooked just through but not over cooked.
- Transfer the tilapia to a plate and spoon the basil oil over the top and around the plate.
- Top the fish with the fresh salsa.
- Serve immediately.
- Sugar: 5g
- Calcium: 49mg
- Calories: 540kcal
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Cholesterol: 85mg
- Fat: 40g
- Fiber: 3g
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 808mg
- Protein: 36g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Sodium: 862mg
- Vitamin A: 1267IU
- Vitamin C: 23mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!