Sam’s Crabmeat Gift Recipe
This recipe is very special to the submitter and made this countless times with her friend Sam before he died. This is his legacy that she passes on now. Miniature casseroles with cheesy crabmeat, rice and avocados!
How To Make Sam's Crabmeat Gift
This wonderful recipe for a crabmeat platter has the perfect combination of savory, creamy, aromatic and a rich mouthfeel, and that's not even the main component of this dish. Truly an amazing dish best shared among family and friends.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan.
- While butter is melting, begin to make rice so it simmers and is steamed and ready when crabmeat mixture is ready.
Add onion to melted butter and allow to sauté for just a moment - you do not want it too soft, just a bit crunchy.
- Add the cream, allowing it heat a bit, then add the Velveeta and stir until creamy and melted.
- Once that is melted add crabmeat, stirring in gently, being careful to not break up into shreds, but allowing it to incorporate and heat up.
- When rice is just about perfectly cooked, take individual casserole dishes/ramekins/etc and line the bottom with the sliced avocados (avocados can be microwaved for about a minute to soften).
- Then added a scoop of rice on top.
Fill approximately ¾ full with the cheese/crabmeat mixture.
- Place casseroles under the broiler for a few minutes until the tops are browned and bubbly.
- You can also add panko bread crumbs before you broil for an added touch.
- Calcium: 134mg
- Calories: 630kcal
- Carbohydrates: 38g
- Cholesterol: 77mg
- Fat: 40g
- Fiber: 11g
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 1094mg
- Protein: 33g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Sodium: 1466mg
- Sugar: 2g
- Vitamin A: 1855IU
- Vitamin C: 48mg