This is one of Julia Child’s best dishes! We steam fresh mussels in a savory mixture of butter, garlic and white wine. Serve diving mussels recipe with a slice of French bread.
How To Make Mussels With White Wine Sauce
Fresh mussels are steamed until cooked and flavored with a garlic butter aroma made more exquisite with white wine.
- In a large stock pot, warm butter over medium heat.
- Add in garlic, crushed red pepper and lemon zest.
- Cook for 1 minute.
- Add wine and ground pepper to pot.
Bring mixture to a boil.
Add mussels and cover.
- Boil mussels for 1 minute.
Stir mussels and boil for 2 minutes.
Add parsley to pot.
Cover and boil for an additional 3 minutes or until shells begin to open.
- Discard any mussels that do not open. Serve warm.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!