How To Make Grouper with Roasted Corn and Peppers
The fish is seasoned with thyme then cooked side-by-side with corn and bell peppers for this simple and satisfying grouper recipe.
- 1red bell pepper
- 1green bell pepper
- 2cupfresh corn kernels,(cut from about 3 ears) or frozen
- 2tbspcooking oil
- ½tspfresh-ground black pepper
- ½tspdried thyme
- 2lbgrouper fillets
Heat the oven to 450 degrees F.
In a large roasting pan, combine the red and green bell peppers, the corn, 1 tablespoon of the oil, and ¼ teaspoon each of the salt, pepper, and thyme.
Roast in the oven for about 12 minutes until the corn and peppers start to brown, stirring twice.
Rub the remaining tablespoon of oil over both sides of the fish. Sprinkle the fish with the remaining ¼ teaspoon each salt, pepper, and thyme.
Remove the roasting pan from the oven and push the corn-and-pepper mixture to the sides of the pan.
Put the fish in the center of the pan, skin-side down, and cook until just done, about 15 minutes for 1-inch-thick fillets.
Serve the fish with corn and peppers.
- Fish Alternatives: Other moderately firm fish to roast here include tilefish, sea bass, and cod. If the fillets are skinned, coat them with a bit of oil before adding them to the pan.
- Tip: If using frozen corn kernels, let them defrost if possible; it only takes a few minutes. Measure the corn first thing and it will be defrosted by the time it’s needed. Pat the corn dry with a paper towel after defrosting so that the excess moisture won’t get in the way during cooking and make browning impossible.
- Calories: 379.18kcal
- Fat: 10.47g
- Saturated Fat: 1.18g
- Trans Fat: 0.03g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 5.10g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.07g
- Carbohydrates: 21.69g
- Fiber: 3.09g
- Sugar: 4.32g
- Protein: 47.10g
- Cholesterol: 83.91mg
- Sodium: 415.91mg
- Calcium: 73.90mg
- Potassium: 1409.55mg
- Iron: 2.71mg
- Vitamin A: 158.26µg
- Vitamin C: 61.43mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!