Coconut Shrimp with Red Curry Sauce Recipe
The indulgent taste of coconut shrimp is improved upon with a homemade Thai sauce.
How To Make Coconut Shrimp with Red Curry Sauce
This seafood favorite is coated in delicious coconut flakes with beautiful red curry sauces poured over it. Our Coconut Shrimp and Red Curry Sauce recipe is a delightful blend of flavors to spice up a basic, seafood ingredient. Whip up this savory, deep-fried dish for dinner!
- Heat 3 inches of oil in a large deep skillet or heavy pot to 325 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch, egg whites, salt, and pepper until foamy.
Spread the coconut in a pie dish.
Dredge the shrimp with the egg white mixture and shake off any excess.
Press the shrimp into the coconut flakes. Turn shrimp over and press into coconut again to coat both sides.
Deep-fry the shrimp in batches until the coconut is golden brown for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Using tongs or a slotted spoon, remove the shrimp to paper towels to drain.
Arrange the shrimp on a platter. Serve immediately with red curry sauce and garnish with green onion and mint.
Red Curry Sauce:
- Place a small pot over medium heat and coat with the oil.
Stir the red curry paste into the pan and fry it up until aromatic.
- Slowly pour in the coconut milk and continue to stir to incorporate.
Add the lime juice and 1 of the squeezed-out halves and cook for 5 to 10 minutes to thicken.
Remove the squeezed-out half and pour the sauce into a nice serving bowl. Serve with the coconut shrimp and enjoy the crisp, coconutty dish!
- Calcium: 142mg
- Calories: 352kcal
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Cholesterol: 214mg
- Fat: 26g
- Fiber: 5g
- Iron: 3mg
- Potassium: 289mg
- Protein: 21g
- Saturated Fat: 22g
- Sodium: 693mg
- Sugar: 3g
- Vitamin A: 606IU
- Vitamin C: 8mg