The inspiration for this dish takes on after the flavors from the culinary skill of Paula Deen. Make sure to get a nice big slice from this lasagna recipe.
How To Make The Lady and Sons Lasagna
A copycat recipe you would enjoy making for you and your family. A simple yet delicious lasagna recipe with meaty and cheesy fillings inspired by the recipe by Paula Deen.
- To make the sauce, in a stockpot, combine the tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, onions, peppers, garlic, parsley, seasoning mixtures, sugar and bay leaves.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 1 hour.
- Crumble the ground beef in a saucepan.
- Cook until no pink remains, then drain off the fat.
- Add the ground beef to the stockpot.
- Simmer for another 20 minutes.
While the sauce simmers, cook the pasta according to the package directions (if sauce is too thin, for your taste, you can thicken it up at this time by mixing 1 tbsp of cornstarch and a ¼ of a cup of cold water.
- Bring sauce back to a boil.
Stir in cornstarch mixture, stirring constantly.
- Remove bay leaves.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- To assemble lasagna, place a thin layer of sauce in the bottom of a 9x3x2-inch pan.
Layer ⅓ of each, noodles, cottage cheese mixture, Gruyere, Swiss and cheddar cheeses.
- Pinch off small pieces of cream cheese and dot over other cheeses.
- Add another layer of sauce.
- Repeat layering 2-3 times ending with sauce.
- This may be covered and refrigerated at this point.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with mozzarella and continue to bake for another 10-15 minutes.
Note: If lasagna has been refrigerated, bake for 40 minutes total.
- Sugar: 8g
- Calcium: 721mg
- Calories: 715kcal
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Cholesterol: 170mg
- Fat: 51g
- Fiber: 5g
- Iron: 5mg
- Potassium: 930mg
- Protein: 43g
- Saturated Fat: 26g
- Sodium: 15646mg
- Vitamin A: 1670IU
- Vitamin C: 21mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!