How To Make Spaghetti With Meat Sauce
Looking for an authentic Italian style pasta? Try our spaghetti recipe packed with flavorful ingredients and Italian-style spaghetti sauce simmered low.
- ¼cupextra virgin olive oil,divided
- 1½lbslean ground beef
- 1½medium carrot,finely grated (about ½ cup)
- ½medium yellow onion,finely diced (about ½ cup)
- 4garlic cloves,finely minced
- 56ozRoma tomatoes,crushed
- ¼cupfresh basil,chopped
- 2tbspfresh parsley,chopped
- 1tspdried rosemary,crushed
- ¾tspdried thyme
- ½tspdried oregano
- ½tspdried marjoram
- ½tspdried Sage
- 2bay leaves
- ½tspsalt,or to taste
- ¼tspfreshly ground black pepper
- ½cupchicken,or beef broth, to thin sauce if desired
- freshly Romano and Parmesan cheese,or Mizithra cheese, finely grated for serving
In a large non-stick saucepot, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Crumble ground beef into the pot. Brown beef, stirring occasionally and breaking up the beef as you stir until cooked through.
Drain ground beef, reserving 1 tablespoon fat in the pot. Place browned beef in a food processor and pulse until finely ground for about 10 to 15 seconds, set aside.
Saute carrot and onion in reserved fat over medium-high heat until golden for about 4 minutes, adding in garlic during the last minute of sauteing.
Remove from heat and stir in 2 cans crushed Roma tomatoes, remaining 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, basil, parsley, rosemary, thyme, oregano, marjoram, sage, bay leaves, salt, pepper, and browned beef.
Return pot to low heat and simmer uncovered for 5 to 8 hours, stirring occasionally.
Add broth to the sauce to thin sauce if desired.
Remove bay leaves and serve sauce warm over pasta garnished with grated cheeses and additional chopped fresh parsley or basil if desired.
- Calories: 342.23kcal
- Fat: 25.58g
- Saturated Fat: 7.84g
- Trans Fat: 1.01g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 13.07g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.64g
- Carbohydrates: 10.44g
- Fiber: 3.11g
- Sugar: 6.09g
- Protein: 18.36g
- Cholesterol: 66.95mg
- Sodium: 226.87mg
- Calcium: 54.71mg
- Potassium: 782.48mg
- Iron: 2.76mg
- Vitamin A: 193.05µg
- Vitamin C: 30.62mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!