How To Make Asparagus Shrimp Pesto Pasta
Enjoy bites of plump shrimp, earthy pesto, and tender linguine with this shrimp pesto pasta that’s whipped up in just 35 minutes!
To a food processor, add the basil, parsley, parmesan, pine nuts, garlic, and season with salt and pepper to taste or use ½ teaspoon of salt and ¼ teaspoon of pepper.
Pulse until finely chopped, then with the processor running slowly, pour in olive oil and let run several seconds until it’s well combined and smooth.
Boil the pasta in salted water according to the directions on the package. Reserve ⅓ cup of the pasta water before draining.
Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
Add the shrimp, season with salt and pepper, and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes, tossing occasionally until opaque throughout and outsides are pink.
Pour the lemon juice over the shrimp, and toss.
Add the pasta and asparagus to the pan with the shrimp, and toss while seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
Let it cool for 1 minute, and add the pesto.
Toss to coat. Thin with reserved pasta water, as desired.
Serve immediately, and enjoy!
- * Tough ends trimmed and discarded, remaining diced into 2-inch pieces and steamed.
- Feel free to replace the shrimp with chicken breasts diced into 1-inch cubes, then increase the cooking time by about 6 minutes (or until cooked through).
- Alternatively, can sauté the asparagus it in a little olive oil before cooking the shrimp.
- If asparagus isn’t in season, feel free to throw in fresh spinach or another green of choice.
- Calories: 529.67kcal
- Fat: 25.80g
- Saturated Fat: 4.86g
- Trans Fat: 0.02g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 15.46g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.88g
- Carbohydrates: 49.04g
- Fiber: 4.44g
- Sugar: 3.59g
- Protein: 26.36g
- Cholesterol: 121.05mg
- Sodium: 675.42mg
- Calcium: 231.17mg
- Potassium: 520.32mg
- Iron: 4.02mg
- Vitamin A: 154.85µg
- Vitamin C: 16.18mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!