How To Make Pumpkin Macaroni and Cheese
You’ll love this delicious and creamy pumpkin macaroni and cheese mixed with pumpkin puree! The fun twist is you can cook this from the stovetop or oven!
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 9×13-inch baking pan with a cooking spray.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, and cook the pasta until al dente. Drain the pasta, and then return the pasta back to the pot.
Meanwhile (while the pasta is cooking), in a separate bowl, whisk together the evaporated milk, pumpkin puree, eggs, smoked paprika, salt, pepper, and cayenne until combined. Once the pasta is cooked and drained, pour the evaporated milk mixture into the pot with the pasta and stir until combined.
Continue cooking over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until the sauce comes to a simmer and thickens.
Remove the pan from heat and stir in about 12 ounces of the shredded cheese and the Parmesan until melted and evenly distributed.
This would also be also awesome if baked and/or sprinkled with roasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds).
- To bake the macaroni and cheese with breadcrumbs, continue onto these final steps. Or serve the macaroni as-is at this point from the stovetop.
- Pour about half of the pasta into the prepared baking pan, then sprinkle with half of the remaining cheese. Pour the remainder of the pasta to make a second layer, then sprinkle with the remaining cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling and the breadcrumbs are toasted. Remove and serve immediately.
- Calories: 597.90kcal
- Fat: 27.40g
- Saturated Fat: 14.81g
- Trans Fat: 0.68g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 7.23g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.92g
- Carbohydrates: 57.19g
- Fiber: 3.85g
- Sugar: 8.29g
- Protein: 30.29g
- Cholesterol: 166.33mg
- Sodium: 572.25mg
- Calcium: 602.48mg
- Potassium: 472.19mg
- Iron: 2.56mg
- Vitamin A: 651.17µg
- Vitamin C: 3.07mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!