How To Make Pork Ragout
Try this pork ragout for a filling and hearty meal. It's made with tender pasta topped with herbed pork stew.
- 1 lb pork loin, boned
- 4 oz turkey Italian sausage, (1 link), hot
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped, or 1 teaspoon dried
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¾ cup chicken broth, fat-free, less-sodium
- ¾ cup zinfandel, or other dry red wine
- 28 oz whole tomatoes, (1 can), Italian-style, undrained and chopped
- 4 cups penne, cooked, hot
- ¼ cup romano cheese, (1 ounce), fresh, grated
- fresh rosemary sprigs, optional
Trim fat from pork; cut pork into ¼-inch cubes.
Remove casing from sausage. Cook sausage in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat until browned; stir to crumble. Remove sausage from the pan with a slotted spoon. Add onion to pan; saute for 4 minutes or until lightly browned.
Add pork, and sauté for 5 minutes. Add sausage, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Stir in broth and wine, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil; cook for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes.
Serve over pasta, and sprinkle with cheese. Garnish with rosemary sprigs, if desired. Enjoy!
- Sugar: 11g
- Calcium: 136mg
- Calories: 730kcal
- Carbohydrates: 99g
- Cholesterol: 93mg
- Fat: 11g
- Fiber: 7g
- Iron: 6mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g
- Potassium: 1305mg
- Protein: 49g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Sodium: 719mg
- Vitamin A: 1737IU
- Vitamin C: 42mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!