How To Make Pasta and Peas with Tuna and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Put together a quick and satisfying meal with this pasta and peas recipe. It’s made flavorful with tomatoes and tuna in cooked seasoned broth.
- 16ozlinguine pasta,(1 pkg), cooked and kept warm
- 10ozBumble Bee® solid white albacore tuna in water,(2 cans), undrained
- 6ozfrozen peas,(1 pkg)
- 8ozfresh peas,rinsed
- 1medium onion,diced
- ½cupjulienne cut sun tomatoes with herbs,dried, drained, oil reserved
- 2cupsvegetable broth
- salt and black pepper,to taste
- 1pinchred pepper flakes,crushed, to taste
- 1tbspfresh parsley,chopped
- ¼cupgrated Parmesan cheese,for topping
Place the oil from the sun-dried tomatoes in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add in onions and garlic.
Cook over medium heat for about 4 minutes until onions begin to turn translucent. Add the broth to the onions and bring to a simmer.
Stir in the peas and the sun-dried tomatoes. Cook for another 3 minutes. Peas should remain crisp so be careful not to overcook.
Stir in undrained tuna and heat through. Be careful not to break up too many large pieces of the tuna while stirring.
Cook about 2 to 3 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste and crushed red pepper if desired.
Serve immediately over hot pasta. Garnish with parsley and top with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Calories: 324.48kcal
- Fat: 3.39g
- Saturated Fat: 1.26g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 0.77g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.85g
- Carbohydrates: 52.03g
- Fiber: 4.80g
- Sugar: 5.10g
- Protein: 20.48g
- Cholesterol: 18.04mg
- Sodium: 531.22mg
- Calcium: 95.75mg
- Potassium: 377.48mg
- Iron: 2.04mg
- Vitamin A: 52.56µg
- Vitamin C: 18.58mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!