How To Make One Pot Ravioli in a Creamy Tomato Beef Sauce
This one pot ravioli is cooked in a rich tomato sauce with lots of cheese and cream. This dish is best served with bread or grilled cheese croutons.
- 4cloves garlic,crushed
- 1lbextra lean ground beef
- 15ozcondensed tomato soup,or crushed tomatoes
- 2cupswater,or 2 cups stock of choice
- 2tbspparsley,freshly chopped
- ½tspred chilli/pepper flakes,crushed
- 1tbspgarlic and herb tomato paste,or plain
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper,to taste
- 12ozrefrigerated beef ravioli
- 250mlextra light Philly cream,or any cream of choice
- ½cupmozzarella cheese,freshly grated
- 2grilled cheese sandwiches,crusts removed and cut into bite sized cubes/croutons
Heat a large saucepan over medium heat with a little cooking oil spray. Add the onion and garlic, and cook until onion has softened and garlic is fragrant.
Add the ground beef and cook until browned, while breaking up any large pieces with the tip of a wooden spoon.
Pour in the tomato soup (or crushed tomatoes), water (or stock), sugar, parsley, red chilli/pepper flakes and tomato paste; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Bring to a boil and stir in ravioli. Reduce heat and simmer until ravioli is soft and cooked through.
While ravioli is simmering, prepare grilled cheese sandwiches; fry them in a nonstick pan until browned on both sides and cheese has melted.
Remove from heat; allow to cool slightly; cut off crusts; and cut into bite sized cube/crouton pieces.
Return to the ravioli; stir in cream and mozzarella cheese until well combined, cheese has melted and heated through the sauce.
Serve immediately, garnished with the grilled cheese croutons and (extra) fresh parsley.
- Calories: 714.22kcal
- Fat: 38.78g
- Saturated Fat: 22.29g
- Trans Fat: 0.33g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 11.39g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.64g
- Carbohydrates: 52.86g
- Fiber: 3.31g
- Sugar: 11.68g
- Protein: 39.97g
- Cholesterol: 188.40mg
- Sodium: 1071.59mg
- Calcium: 404.07mg
- Potassium: 1027.41mg
- Iron: 4.21mg
- Vitamin A: 326.49µg
- Vitamin C: 9.71mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!