This superb lemon chicken pasta incorporates a classic combination of flavors that we all love: lemon, chicken, parmesan cheese, and garlic. It’s a nice change of pace from the usual pasta recipes. White wine adds a depth of flavor to the lemon cream sauce, while heavy cream makes it lusciously creamy. Serve it on date night with a side of spring salad and tiramisu for dessert.
Tips on Making Lemon Chicken Pasta
What makes this creamy lemon chicken pasta recipe stand out among other pasta dishes with chicken is that we cooked the pasta in stock. It’s already way more flavorful than just cooking it in water. In addition, here are more tips to help you prepare this lemon butter chicken pasta perfectly at home:
- There are many types of pasta, but the best ones to use for thin sauces are strands like spaghetti, angel hair, and fettuccine. Feel free to use any of those.
- Make sure that the cooking liquid is boiling before adding the pasta, and stir the pasta once in a while as it cooks. This will help avoid turning them sticky and soggy.
- Don’t heat up the lemon zest and seeds because they become bitter. As you juice the fresh lemon, make sure to exclude any seed. Use the lemon zest only for topping.
- Keep the temperature low before adding the heavy cream, and don’t let it boil from that point on. Otherwise, it’ll split. It’ll still taste delicious, but the sauce won’t be as smooth.
- To achieve a beautiful sear on the chicken, make sure that the pan is hot enough. You should hear a sizzle when the meat hits the pan. Don’t move or flip it until it develops a nice golden brown crust.
- Add other delicious ingredients. You can customize this chicken pasta with capers, peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, or broccoli florets.
More Chicken Pasta Recipes You’ll Love
Pasta with chicken always makes a filling and delicious meal complete with protein and carbs. It’s easy to add to the menu as the ingredients you’ll need are often already part of your usual grocery list. With that, we bring you more easy pasta recipes with chicken that you’ll surely enjoy.
- Chicken Zucchini Pasta Alfredo — It’s the delicious and creamy alfredo sauce we know and love coating every fettuccine strand in this recipe. The zucchini gives it an added crunch and nutrients.
- Tuscan Chicken Pasta — With cream cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, spinach, and chicken, this creamy Tuscan chicken pasta has all the good stuff! Just combine all the ingredients and let the instant pot do the work for you.
- Mozzarella Chicken Pasta — Here’s a treat for the cheese lovers out there. This recipe makes pan-seared chicken in mozzarella cream sauce that you can top onto any pasta of your choice.
- Cajun Chicken Pasta — This medley of Cajun spice, garlic, cream, and peppers will give a spicy party in your mouth in every spoonful.
- Balsamic Chicken Pasta Salad — It’s spaghetti pasta tossed in tomato and balsamic vinegar sauce. It’s herby, fresh, and simply delicious.
How To Make Lemon Chicken Pasta
Have a creamy and citrusy pasta chicken dinner with this easy recipe! Made in just 30 minutes with fresh lemon, garlic, butter, cheese, and cream, this creamy lemon chicken pasta makes a quick and satisfying meal.
Heat up the chicken broth in a stock pot. At the same time, heat up a skillet on medium heat.
Pound the chicken using a mallet. Then, season it with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
Once the chicken stock is boiling, add the pasta and cook it for 2 minutes less than what’s indicated in the package instructions to achieve al dente.
Add olive oil and butter into the skillet.
Sear the chicken for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until it develops a golden brown crust and the juices run clear. Do not overcook. Set aside.
Saute the minced garlic, Italian seasoning, and chili flakes.
Deglaze the pan with white wine.
Lower the heat and add fresh lemon juice and heavy cream.
Using tongs, toss the pasta into the sauce and let it cook for 1 more minute.
Add parmesan cheese. Taste it, and then adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper as needed.
Plate the pasta with the chicken. Top with lemon zest and more parmesan cheese. Serve and enjoy!
- Sugar: 3g
- Calcium: 231mg
- Calories: 659kcal
- Carbohydrates: 52g
- Cholesterol: 129mg
- Fat: 33g
- Fiber: 4g
- Iron: 3mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 12g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g
- Potassium: 682mg
- Protein: 38g
- Saturated Fat: 14g
- Sodium: 1042mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 737IU
- Vitamin C: 44mg
Frequently Asked Questions
Should you add oil to pasta water?
No, you don’t need to add oil to pasta water, especially if you will toss it into the sauce immediately once cooked. Adding oil just adds unnecessary calories plus it can repel the sauce from clinging to the pasta. If you’re worried about the pasta sticking together, just give it a stir every once in a while as you cook.
What to serve with lemon chicken pasta?
It pairs well with fresh vegetables. Serve this creamy lemon chicken pasta with tomato bruschetta and a cold salad, like cucumber salad, on the side. You can also serve it with grilled asparagus or zucchini hash browns.
Can I add vegetables to this lemon chicken pasta?
Yes! Load it up with nutrients by adding spinach, basil, capers, or broccoli. Just saute them together with the garlic before deglazing the pan. On the other hand, you can roast summer veggies like zucchini, squash, and peppers and top them onto the pasta.
ConclusionThe common ingredients in your pantry can be turned into this lemon chicken pasta that tastes like it was made in a restaurant. Serve it for dinner this weekend!
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!