How To Make Lemon Asparagus Chicken Pasta
This creamy chicken pasta is cooked with sauteed asparagus and tender linguine, plus a cheesy white sauce made with lemon-infused heavy cream.
- kosher salt
- 1lblinguine,or spaghetti
- 1tbspextra-virgin olive oil
- 1lbchicken breasts,boneless, skinless
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2tspItalian seasoning
- 1small red onion,chopped
- 1lbasparagus,stalks trimmed and cut into thirds or quartered if large
- ¾cupheavy cream
- ½cuplow-sodium chicken broth
- ½cupParmesan,freshly grated, plus more for garnish
- 1lemon,sliced into half moons
- parsley,freshly chopped, for garnish
In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain and return to pot.
In a skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add chicken and season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
Cook for 8 minutes per side until golden and no longer pink. Transfer to a plate to let rest, then thinly slice.
To skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add red onion and asparagus and season with salt and pepper.
Cook for 5 minutes until tender, then add heavy cream, chicken broth, lemon juice, and garlic and simmer for 5 minutes.
Stir in cheeses and let cook until melty, then add lemon slices and cooked linguine.
Top with sliced chicken and garnish with more Parmesan and parsley.
- Calories: 1039.66kcal
- Fat: 47.90g
- Saturated Fat: 23.70g
- Trans Fat: 0.35g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 16.14g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.47g
- Carbohydrates: 98.45g
- Fiber: 7.91g
- Sugar: 8.36g
- Protein: 54.81g
- Cholesterol: 178.21mg
- Sodium: 1211.15mg
- Calcium: 461.04mg
- Potassium: 953.28mg
- Iron: 6.42mg
- Vitamin A: 401.65µg
- Vitamin C: 31.07mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!