Make a healthy but creamy pasta by trying out this serving with summer vegetables! The dish is loaded with asparagus and zucchini tossed with the pasta of your choice. Add in some cheese and bacon for more texture and flavor.
How To Make Creamy Pasta with Summer Vegetables
Taste the fresh and velvety flavors of this creamy pasta dish! It's packed with tender bites of pasta, crunchy asparagus and zucchini; all tossed in a rich sauce.
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 30 mins
Total: 40 mins
- 6 oz pasta, of your choice, cooked and cooled
- 3 oz bacon rashers, chopped
- 3 oz red onions, diced
- 10 oz asparagus, (1 bunch), trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 oz zucchini, diced
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tsp lemon juice, or lime juice
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated or powdered
- 1 cup pasta water, reserved from cooking of the pasta
- salt and ground white pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp bacon, crispy
- 1 tsp parmesan cheese, grated or powdered
- ¼ tsp chili flakes, optional
- Add bacon in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute until crispy.
- Add onions and saute for roughly 5 minutes until translucent.
- Add zucchini and asparagus. Saute for roughly 8 minutes until vegetables turn slightly golden. Set aside.
- Over low heat, add the pasta water to a sauce pot and heat until simmering.
- While waiting, combine lemon or lime juice and egg yolks in a separate bowl. Whisk until combined.
- Temper the eggs by slowly adding 1 to 2 tablespoons of hot pasta water into the eggs, whisking constantly. Add enough pasta water until you reach ½ cup tempered egg mixture.
- Combine cooked pasta, cheese, and vegetables in a clean large skillet. Return over low heat and saute until just warm.
- Remove the skillet from the heat, add the tempered egg mixture into it, and toss until it forms a sauce and starts thickening. You may need to return back to low heat to help the sauce thicken.
- Once the sauce has thickened, season with salt and pepper. Adjust accordingly.
Garnish your pasta with crispy bacon, parmesan cheese, and chili flakes (if preferred).
- Sugar: 8g
- Calcium: 430mg
- Calories: 717kcal
- Carbohydrates: 62g
- Cholesterol: 501mg
- Fat: 36g
- Fiber: 5g
- Iron: 8mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 14g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g
- Potassium: 951mg
- Protein: 36g
- Saturated Fat: 14g
- Sodium: 858mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 2148IU
- Vitamin C: 32mg
Submit Your Own Recipe
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!