How To Make Creamy Pasta with Chicken and Tomatoes
Cook up a hearty creamy pasta for dinner tonight! It’s loaded with tasteful chicken and fresh sun-dried tomatoes for a belly-filling meal.
- 12ozwhole wheat pasta,like farfalle
- 2chicken breasts,cooked, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 6ozsun-dried tomatoes,1 jar, drained and chopped
- ⅓cupfresh basil,chopped or julienned, loosely-packed
- creamy garlic sauce
- red pepper flakes,crushed, extra Parmesan, toasted pine nuts, optional toppings
For Creamy Sauce:
- 1tbspbutter,or olive oil
- 5garlic cloves,pressed or minced
- 2cupsAlmond Breeze Original Unsweetened Almond milk
- ½cupParmesan cheese,freshly-grated
- ¼tspblack pepper
Cook the pasta in a large stockpot of generously-salted water according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
Add the garlic, then sauté for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until fragrant.
Stir in the flour, then sauté for an additional minute, stirring occasionally.
Slowly add in the almond milk, whisking to combine until smooth.
Continue cooking until the mixture reaches a simmer and thickens.
Stir in the Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper until the cheese is melted.
Reduce the heat to low until the pasta reaches al dente.
Toss the pasta and sauce together with the chopped chicken breasts, sun-dried tomatoes and half of the fresh basil until evenly combined.
Serve garnished with the remaining fresh basil, red pepper flakes, and other toppings, and enjoy!
- Calories: 701.12kcal
- Fat: 19.60g
- Saturated Fat: 8.03g
- Trans Fat: 0.21g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 9.33g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.27g
- Carbohydrates: 95.75g
- Fiber: 6.26g
- Sugar: 16.21g
- Protein: 44.96g
- Cholesterol: 75.95mg
- Sodium: 799.76mg
- Calcium: 561.90mg
- Potassium: 1964.03mg
- Iron: 8.40mg
- Vitamin A: 107.68µg
- Vitamin C: 18.55mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!