How To Make Caprese Pasta With Tomatoes
Make a filling and hearty pasta dish in 15 minutes with this Caprese pasta mixed with tomatoes and basil for a perfect weeknight dinner meal.
- 12ozangel hair pasta
- 8½ozfresh mozzarella cheese,cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 6ripe tomatoes,cored, seeded, and chopped
- 2garlic cloves,finely minced
- 6tbspolive oil
- ½cupfresh basil leaves,roughly chopped
- kosher salt and ground black pepper,to taste
- 2tspItalian seasoning,or equal parts dried basil, parsley, and oregano
Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain.
Meanwhile, in a heavy large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and Italian seasoning and saute until fragrant for about 1 minute.
Add the tomatoes and saute just until heated through for about 2 minutes. Add the cooked pasta.
Remove the skillet from the heat. Add the cheese and basil, and toss to coat. Season the pasta to taste with salt and pepper. Serve.
- Calories: 484.20kcal
- Fat: 24.56g
- Saturated Fat: 8.33g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 12.82g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.18g
- Carbohydrates: 49.16g
- Fiber: 3.65g
- Sugar: 5.18g
- Protein: 17.38g
- Cholesterol: 35.74mg
- Sodium: 552.08mg
- Calcium: 270.23mg
- Potassium: 470.32mg
- Iron: 1.79mg
- Vitamin A: 136.88µg
- Vitamin C: 17.69mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!