How To Make Breakfast Lasagna
Who says you can't have lasagna in the morning? This breakfast lasagna makes it possible using cheese, veggies, and Italian sausage.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a cast iron skillet on medium heat, cook mild Italian sausage until browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add olive oil. Sauté onions, garlic, mushrooms, zucchini, and red pepper on medium-high until soft and transparent. Add oregano, basil, thyme, red pepper flakes, and continue salting for 3 minutes. Remove veggies from pan, add to sausage and set aside.
- In the same skillet, sauté baby spinach until wilted. Remove from pan, add to veggies and sausage. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix Sargento® Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese, egg, Sargento® Grated Parmesan Cheese, parsley, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- In another small bowl, whisk half and half, eggs, salt, ground pepper, and cayenne.
Spray a 9x9-inch pan with oil and layer in this order: 1¼ cup of egg-milk mixture, layer 2 lasagna noodles, add ½ of ricotta mixture, add ½ of veggie-sausage mix, Sargento® Shredded Mozzarella & Provolone Cheese, layer 2 lasagna noodles, add remaining ricotta mix, add remaining veggie-sausage mix, Sargent® Shredded 6 Cheese Italian.
Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes. Serve and enjoy.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!
Dip, Sauce & Condiment
Pies & Pastries
Rice & Risotto
There is nothing more comforting than having a creamy lasagna when you are craving for pasta. The Italian spices add a different flavorful taste to the pasta.
Pan-Fry & Skillet
Rice & Risotto