How To Make Breakfast Lasagna
Who says you can't have lasagna in the morning? This breakfast lasagna makes it possible using cheese, veggies, and Italian sausage.
- ½ lb Italian sausage, mild
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup onions, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup zucchini, diced
- ½ cup red pepper, diced
- ½ tsp basil
- ½ tsp thyme
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 5 oz baby spinach, (1 bag)
- 1 cup Sargento Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
- 5 eggs
- ½ cup Sargento Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 2 tsp parsley, fresh chopped
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 6 long lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- ¾ cup Sargento Mozzarella Provolone Blend, shredded
- ¾ cup Sargento 6 Cheese Italian, shredded
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a cast iron skillet on medium heat, cook mild Italian sausage until browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add olive oil. Sauté onions, garlic, mushrooms, zucchini, and red pepper on medium-high until soft and transparent. Add oregano, basil, thyme, red pepper flakes, and continue salting for 3 minutes. Remove veggies from pan, add to sausage and set aside.
- In the same skillet, sauté baby spinach until wilted. Remove from pan, add to veggies and sausage. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix Sargento® Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese, egg, Sargento® Grated Parmesan Cheese, parsley, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- In another small bowl, whisk half and half, eggs, salt, ground pepper, and cayenne.
Spray a 9x9-inch pan with oil and layer in this order: 1¼ cup of egg-milk mixture, layer 2 lasagna noodles, add ½ of ricotta mixture, add ½ of veggie-sausage mix, Sargento® Shredded Mozzarella & Provolone Cheese, layer 2 lasagna noodles, add remaining ricotta mix, add remaining veggie-sausage mix, Sargent® Shredded 6 Cheese Italian.
Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes. Serve and enjoy.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!