How To Make Balsamic Roasted Veggie and White Bean Pasta
It’s one of those rare times when we make a pasta dish drizzled with some thick green pesto sauce and combined balsamic roasted veggies.
For Balsamic Vegetables:
- Cooking spray
- 1tbspbalsamic vinegar
- 1tspdijon mustard
- 1tspdried Italian herbs
- 1tspkosher salt
- 2tbspolive oil
- 2cupsbroccoli florets
- 1red bell pepper,seeded and cut into 1” pieces
- 1medium zucchini,cut into ¼” thick rounds
- 1medium yellow squash,cut into ¼” thick rounds
- 1pintdry cherry tomatoes,halved
- 1red onion,cut into 1” pieces
- ⅓cupDelallo pesto,or homemade skinny Basil Pesto
- ½lbDelallo fusilli
- 15ozcannellini beans,(1can), drained and rinsed
- ¼cupparmesan cheese,freshly grated
- Drizzle balsamic vinegar
- Red pepper flakes,for serving, optional
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Spray 2 sheet pans with cooking spray. Set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, mustard, garlic, Italian herbs, and 1 teaspoon salt.
Add 2 tablespoons oil and whisk until emulsified.
In a large bowl, add vegetables, and dressing and toss to evenly coat.
Spread vegetables out in an even layer onto prepared sheet pans.
Roast for 30 minutes, tossing halfway through.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
Add pasta and cook according to the package directions, reserving a little water before draining.
Combine the cooked pasta, pesto and beans adding 2 tablespoons of the reserved water as needed, toss with the roasted veggies, 1/4 cup parmesan and toss well to coat.
Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and top with red pepper flakes, if using.
Serve hot, cold or at room temperature.
- Calories: 613.19kcal
- Fat: 16.99g
- Saturated Fat: 2.92g
- Trans Fat: 0.00g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 6.66g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.44g
- Carbohydrates: 90.79g
- Fiber: 15.61g
- Sugar: 7.79g
- Protein: 28.38g
- Cholesterol: 5.40mg
- Sodium: 594.55mg
- Calcium: 336.49mg
- Potassium: 2114.06mg
- Iron: 9.91mg
- Vitamin A: 120.52µg
- Vitamin C: 71.86mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!