How To Make Simple Vegan Pancakes
Your go-to vegan pancakes recipe is now here! These eggless, whole-grain vegan-friendly pancakes are healthy, tasty, and easy to make. Try the recipe now!
In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
In a 2-cup liquid measuring cup or another mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract until thoroughly blended.
Pour the liquid mixture into the dry mixture. Stir until combined, so only a few lumps remain (don’t over-mix or your pancakes will be tough). If desired, gently fold in optional add-ins like chocolate chips or blueberries.
Let the batter rest for 5 minutes so your pancakes will be nice and fluffy.
Meanwhile, if using an electric skillet, heat it to 350 degrees F. Otherwise, heat a heavy cast-iron skillet or nonstick griddle over medium-low heat. If necessary, lightly oil the cooking surface with additional oil or cooking spray.
Using a ¼-cup measure, scoop the batter onto the warm skillet. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until small bubbles form on the surface of the pancakes and flip. Cook on the opposite sides for 1 to 2 minutes, or until golden brown.
Repeat the process with the remaining batter, adding more oil as needed. Adjust the heat up or down if needed.
Serve the pancakes immediately or keep warm in a 200-degree F oven. Enjoy!
- If your coconut oil solidifies on contact with the cold milk, gently warm it in the microwave just until it liquifies again.
- When cooking your pancakes, one sign you’re ready to start cooking is when the surface of the pan is hot enough that a drop of water sizzles on contact.
- You’ll know it’s ready to flip the pancakes when about ½-inch of the perimeter is matte instead of glossy.
- Alternative Flour Options: You can also use all-purpose flour for this recipe.
- To store, place them in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or freeze them for months. To warm, wrap a short stack of pancakes loosely in a paper towel and gently reheat in the microwave until warmed through, flipping and re-wrapping the stack halfway through.
- Calories: 143.25kcal
- Fat: 6.46g
- Saturated Fat: 0.92g
- Trans Fat: 0.00g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 5.14g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.45g
- Carbohydrates: 19.97g
- Fiber: 2.38g
- Sugar: 4.20g
- Protein: 2.88g
- Sodium: 211.29mg
- Calcium: 261.89mg
- Potassium: 114.73mg
- Iron: 1.15mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!