Fill your home with the aroma of freshly baked pecan Danish pastry! Each warm maple pecan pastry is filled with a pecan pastry filling made with crunchy pecans, butter, and more maple syrup. It’s a sweet treat perfect to serve in Fall and a great accompaniment with coffee like this Starbucks-inspired pumpkin spice latte.
You might have heard of this pecan Danish pastry called other names, such as maple pecan plait. That’s because the ‘braids’ crossed over each other on the pecan pastry resemble plaited hair. This Danish maple pecan pastry is as eye-pleasing as it is delicious, and you can learn how to do that with our easy recipe!
Tips for Making Sticky Sweet Maple Pecan Danish Pastry
Our pecan Danish pastry recipe is one of many fancy desserts that’s both beginner-friendly and can be made in less than an hour.
Making this Danish pastry is easy, as it’s made with ingredients you might already have in your pantry. Below are some tips to help you make your homemade maple pecan Danish pastry:
- Use a puff pastry. Danish pastries are often made with Danish pastry dough. This type of dough is more bread-like thanks to the yeast compared to puff pastry. But to make it simpler, our pecan Danish pastry uses ready-made puff pastry that you can find at your local grocery. A puff pastry will add a flakey and crispier texture to your pecan pastry, while still yielding the same delectable taste.
- Add spices. You can add spices such as cinnamon or nutmeg to your pecan pastry filling. They will add nuttiness, warmth, and a comforting aroma to your pastry and turn it into a delicious Cinnamon pecan pastry recipe.
- Customize your Danish pastry. Although this is a maple pecan Danish pastry recipe, the possibilities are endless when it comes to the filling. You can try other nuts such as almonds or walnuts. Sweet-tart fruits like strawberries and blueberries may add a depth of flavor. You may also opt for jams, preserves, or even tangy lemon curds if fresh fruit is not available. For sweet and salty pecan pastry pastries, try adding cream cheese.
- Glaze your pastries. Our recipe includes drizzling maple syrup onto the pastries. You can also make a sugar glaze to the top by simply mixing powdered sugar and milk until you get a smooth consistency.
How To Make Sticky Sweet Maple Pecan Danish Pastry
If you love pecan pastries, this pecan danish offers a flaky, baked treat! Each bite comes with a crunchy and sticky filling that’s made with maple syrup and roasted nuts.
- ¾ lb puff pastry sheet, chilled
- 1½ oz pecans, roughly chopped, roasted
- ⅓ cup maple syrup, add more for glazing
- all-purpose flour, for dusting
- cooking spray
For The Filling:
- 3 oz brown sugar, or muscovado sugar
- 1¼ oz unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 3½ oz pecans, roasted and crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare the filling by combining the pecans, brown sugar, butter, and maple syrup in a bowl. Stir until it forms a paste. Set aside.
- Dust the working area with flour, then roll out the puff pastry sheet. Divide the pastry sheet into 4 pieces.
- Make diagonal cuts, roughly ½-inch apart from each other, on opposite sides of the puff pastry. Add roughly 1 tablespoon of filling.
- Fold the cut edges alternately, overlapping each other to create a braided pastry design. Tuck in both ends of the puff pastry. Transfer to the greased baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Brush the pastries with maple syrup, then sprinkle your chopped pecans on top.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool down briefly at room temperature. Brush or drizzle with more maple syrup to glaze. Serve your pecan Danish pastry immediately with a cup of coffee, and enjoy!
- Sugar: 32g
- Calcium: 66mg
- Calories: 647kcal
- Carbohydrates: 62g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Fat: 43g
- Fiber: 3g
- Iron: 2mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 23g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g
- Potassium: 214mg
- Protein: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Sodium: 148mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 161IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
ConclusionThis pecan Danish recipe is a great dessert if you want a sweet treat that will fill you up in the middle of the day. Loaded with pecans, maple syrup, and brown sugar, it is sure to satisfy your sweet cravings in a snap! Serve this with a cup of coffee, tea, or hot chocolate.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!