How To Make Steak, Egg, and Cheese Bagel (McDonald's Copycat)
Filling, creamy, and well-seasoned, enjoy a delightful start to your day with this McDonald's-inspired steak egg and cheese bagel.
Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a small, nonstick pan, or skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and ¼ teaspoon of salt to the pan and sauté until just softened and lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, toss the shaved steak with the Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and some of the ground black pepper.
- Transfer the onion to a plate. Increase the heat to high and add the shaved steak to the pan in one even layer. Cook, without stirring, for 2 minutes or until the steak is browned. Stir and continue to cook until completely cooked through. Transfer the steak to the plate with the onion. Cover to keep warm.
- Toast the bagels, then spread 1 tablespoon of the butter over the 4 halves.
Melt the remaining butter in the pan over low heat. Add ½of the beaten eggs and cook, gently stirring, with a rubber spatula to expose the raw egg to the bottom of the pan to create an omelet.
- Once the omelet is cooked through, fold it in half with the rubber spatula.
- Then, fold the omelet in half once more and top with 2 slices of the cheese.
- Repeat with the remaining eggs and cheese.
- Divide the steak and onion between 2 of the bagel halves. Top each with the eggs and cheese, then cover with the remaining bagel halves.
Serve immediately with steak sauce for dipping or spooning over the top, if desired.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!