How To Make Tamago Sushi (Japanese Egg Sushi Nigiri)
If you’re looking to make your own sushi platter then try this tamago sushi recipe. Light and fluffy egg rolls seasoned in soy sauce, sugar, and mirin.
To Make Tamagoyaki:
- In a small bowl beat eggs thoroughly. Add in dashi stock, sugar, mirin, and soy sauce and whisk until well combined and sugar has dissolved.
- Lightly grease a nonstick skillet and heat over a medium setting.
- Coat the hot pan by pouring and swirling a thin layer of the egg mixture. Cook for 1 minute or until the egg mixture is firm on the bottom but still slightly runny on top. Then, with a spatula lift up one edge and roll up the egg.
- Set the omelet roll to one side of the skillet. Lightly oil the skillet again and pour and swirl another thin layer of egg. Lift the first egg roll slightly to allow the liquid to flow underneath.
- Roll the first omelet onto the new egg layer and push the formed egg roll to the edge of the skillet as before. Repeat the process with the remaining mixture, oiling the pan as needed.
- Transfer the egg roll to a cutting board and cut it into 6 equal pieces. Serve.
- Sugar: 7g
- Calcium: 59mg
- Calories: 158kcal
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Cholesterol: 327mg
- Fat: 9g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 2mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g
- Potassium: 151mg
- Protein: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Sodium: 325mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 476IU
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!