How To Make Cornmeal Pancakes with Bacon
Make a sweet and savory plate of these cornmeal pancakes for breakfast today! It’s topped with crispy bacon bits for a fuller meal.
- ¾tspbaking soda
- 1¼cupsbuttermilk,low fat
- 3bacon slices,thick cut, cooked, drained and diced
- maple syrup,or * honey butter, to drizzle on top
Mix the flour, baking soda, and cornmeal. Then, add in the egg, buttermilk, vanilla, and honey.
Mix the wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just combined.
Using ¼ cup scoop, scoop the pancake batter on a griddle until done.
Top with bacon, drizzle with maple syrup or honey butter, then serve warm, and enjoy!
- To make honey butter sauce, put 2 tablespoons of butter in a saucepan and melt gently. Once melted, put ½ cup honey in a saucepan and warm gently, stirring until combined.
- Calories: 147.56kcal
- Fat: 4.43g
- Saturated Fat: 1.50g
- Trans Fat: 0.01g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1.81g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.79g
- Carbohydrates: 21.69g
- Fiber: 0.72g
- Sugar: 5.34g
- Protein: 4.47g
- Cholesterol: 22.96mg
- Sodium: 217.53mg
- Calcium: 40.47mg
- Potassium: 99.58mg
- Iron: 0.77mg
- Vitamin A: 13.42µg
- Vitamin C: 0.33mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!