These autumn pancakes are a welcome switch from toast and cereal. Chunks of pecans and apples fill the cinnamon-flavored batter topped with a homemade spiced syrup. Make a lovely batch of these light flapjacks with our apple pancake recipe.
How To Make Apple Pecan Pancakes with Apple Spice Syrup
Apple Pecan Pancakes:
- Combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the milk, egg yolks, and vanilla.
- Fold in the apple, pecans, and beaten egg whites.
- Using a 1/4 cup measure, drop onto a hot, lightly greased griddle or skillet.
- Turn when bubbles form on the surface and the edges are golden brown.
Serve with apple spice syrup.
Apple Spice Syrup
- To make syrup, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch, and spices in a saucepan and mix well.
- Add the cider and stir over moderate heat until the syrup boils and is slightly thickened.
- Cool slightly before serving.
- Makes 2 cups.
- Calcium: 89mg
- Calories: 148kcal
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Cholesterol: 29mg
- Fat: 4g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 116mg
- Protein: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 189mg
- Sugar: 12g
- Vitamin A: 64IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!