How To Make Wet Burritos
Switch up your usual Mexican dish and enjoy a burst of flavors in this wet burritos recipe. It's loaded with meat, topped with enchilada sauce.
- 3 cups beef, chicken, pork, or steak, cooked and shredded
- 2 cups enchilada sauce, red or green, homemade or store-bought
- 1 can black beans, pinto, or refried beans, drained and rinsed
- 1½ cups *Mexican rice, (see Recipe Notes for recipe) cilantro lime, white or brown rice
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 5 flour tortillas, large, (burrito size)
- bell pepper, sauteed
- corn, roasted
- cabbage, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray lightly with cooking spray.
Layer flour tortillas with a handful of meat, beans, rice, and cheese. Roll burrito tightly, folding the ends in, and place seam-side down on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until warmed through.
Meanwhile heat enchilada sauce in a saucepan or microwave. Remove burritos from the oven and spoon enchilada sauce on top. Add a sprinkle of cheese. Return to oven for a few minutes, just until cheese is melted.
Serve topped with sour cream, guacamole, and pico de gallo or salsa. Enjoy!
*Check out the Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe to learn how to make the flavorful side.
- Sugar: 8g
- Calcium: 296mg
- Calories: 672kcal
- Carbohydrates: 36g
- Cholesterol: 131mg
- Fat: 39g
- Fiber: 7g
- Iron: 5mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 16g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g
- Potassium: 622mg
- Protein: 42g
- Saturated Fat: 17g
- Sodium: 1410mg
- Trans Fat: 2g
- Vitamin A: 946IU
- Vitamin C: 2mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!