Stuffed Anaheim Peppers Recipe
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, or, lightly spray with cooking spray. Arrange pepper halves, cut side up, on baking sheet.
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic, and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add ground beef and brown, stirring until no longer pink.
- Stir in salsa, chilli powder, cumin, salt, and pepper, combining well.
- Fill each pepper half with the meat mixture, dividing evenly.
- Distribute cheese evenly over each pepper.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until peppers are softened
- Garnish with cilantro or parsley and serve with lime wedges
Substitute ground turkey or chicken for the beef, or try shredded chicken. Chilli powders can vary greatly, especially from country to country. The powder for this recipe is a typical chilli powder sold in Canada and used to make chilli con carne. It has lots of flavour but very little heat. If your chilli powder is spicy hot, start with only one tbsp, taste, and adding more if needed.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!