How To Make TGI Friday’s Potato Skins (Copycat)
Heat up the oven for this TGI Friday’s potato skins recipe. Earthy potato skins loaded with bacon and cheese and baked until golden brown and crispy. Best served with sour cream and chives.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Scrub potatoes thoroughly and allow to dry.
- With a fork, pierce each potato around. Rub each potato with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper and bake the potatoes for 1 hour. Take baking sheet out and allow potatoes to cool. Set aside.
- Set your oven to 375 degrees F. Slice each potato in half lengthwise.
- Using a spoon, gently scoop out most of the flesh from each potato. Leave a ¼ inch flesh inside the skin. Keep the scooped out flesh from potatoes in a container and use for other dishes.
- In a small pan, melt butter and brush the insides of the potato skins. Bake potato skins hollow-side down for 10 minutes.
- Take potatoes out and brush the outside of the skins with butter. Turn them over hollow-side up and bake for another 15 minutes or until crispy and edges turn golden brown.
- Sprinkle cheese and baon on top of each potato skin and return to the oven to bake for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Garnish with green onions and a spoon of sour cream. Serve!
- Sugar: 3g
- Calcium: 226mg
- Calories: 484kcal
- Carbohydrates: 42g
- Cholesterol: 68mg
- Fat: 29g
- Fiber: 3g
- Iron: 2mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 10g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g
- Potassium: 1059mg
- Protein: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 12g
- Sodium: 436mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 717IU
- Vitamin C: 13mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!