Summer is the best season for outdoor cooking and activities. Whether it’s the time of the year or it’s fall and you’re missing it, this savory recipe will remind you of summer on the beach with its tropical ingredients like pineapple juice and agave nectar. We will teach you step by step how to make chicken on the beach.
Read on and discover how you can make this delicious Mexican food that goes well with either mashed potatoes, rice, or cauliflower rice and stir fry veggies if you opt to keep the meal low carb. It’s easy and simple. Once you try it, it’ll easily be part of your go-to chicken recipes.
Enjoy the summer breeze with this absolutely delicious chicken dish. Serve this chicken and rice to your family and friends for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. We bet they’ll love it as well. And if you would love to explore other fun chicken dishes, check out these recipes for fried chicken gizzard and chicken salad wrap.
How To Make Chicken on the Beach
This chicken on the beach recipe flavored with fruit juice, herbs, spices, and agave and braised to a perfect tender and moist texture will give your tastebuds a tropical delight. Serve with rice as a side dish and discover the wonderful flavors.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Using a blender or food processor, puree all ingredients for the sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Adjust accordingly. Set aside.
- Season both chicken parts with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat. Melt the shortening and sear chicken evenly on all sides. Transfer to a braising pan.
- Pour sauce onto the chicken, ensuring that it covers at least ¼ of the chicken.
- Cover with foil and transfer to the preheated oven.
- Braise for approximately 45 minutes, or until chicken juices run clear but remain moist. Note that the chicken breast will cook faster than the chicken leg, so keep a close eye as you may need to set aside the chicken breasts earlier.
- Place the excess sauce into a saucepot. Reduce over medium heat until thickened, enough to brush over the chicken, but not cloying in taste.
- Towards the last 5 minutes of braising, remove and discard the foil. Return the chicken breasts to reheat. You may also need to drain away some of the sauce from the braising.
- Brush the glaze over and around the chickens. Increase the top heat of the oven to 400 degrees F and roast the chicken briefly for the remaining 5 minutes until the skin turns a deep color.
- Serve together with the dipping sauce, choice of vegetables, and rice. Enjoy your chicken on the beach!
- Sugar: 60g
- Calcium: 275mg
- Calories: 1832kcal
- Carbohydrates: 96g
- Cholesterol: 214mg
- Fat: 140g
- Fiber: 9g
- Iron: 9mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 58g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 37g
- Potassium: 1793mg
- Protein: 54g
- Saturated Fat: 35g
- Sodium: 972mg
- Trans Fat: 14g
- Vitamin A: 4833IU
- Vitamin C: 83mg
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you braise a perfect chicken on the beach?
The key to making a perfectly tender, juicy, and flavorful braised chicken is to cook it slowly at a low temperature with just the right amount of liquid. The oven should be just hot enough for a gentle simmer. The liquid should cover around ⅓ to ½ of the meat, and no more than that. This will allow the top of the meat to brown and thus also develop more flavor.
Can you overcook chicken on the beach?
Chicken breasts can get overcooked easily because they are more prone to drying out. Chicken thighs, on the other hand, is a juicier cut which makes it easier to start with for beginners as it’s less likely to overcook. When overcooked, the texture becomes dry and rubbery. Be sure to cook the chicken at the right temperature and just until the time specified in the recipe is over. Then, you’re sure to have perfectly cooked braised chicken on the beach every time.
ConclusionThe next time you decide to have a nice home cooked dinner during your beach vacation, try this chicken on the beach recipe. This sweet and savory chicken is simple and easy and you can have it anytime, anywhere. Use the condiment of your choice or add herbs in the marinade — it's all up to you!
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!
BBQ & Grilled
This Hawaiian jerk chicken recipe is a flavorful mix of herbs and tropical fruits. The result is a smoky, juicy chicken dish, grilled to perfection.