Summer is the best season for outdoor cooking and activities. Thinking of what to pack for a picnic at the beach? You’re in luck. In this recipe, we’ll teach you how to make this scrumptious chicken recipe.
Read on and discover how you can make this delicious Chicken on the Beach recipe that goes well with either mashed potatoes or rice. It’s easy and simple, we guarantee that it will make any picnic perfect.
Enjoy the summer breeze with this absolutely delicious chicken dish. We guarantee that it is going to be a picnic hit. Serve this to your family and friends, we bet they’ll love it as well.
Chicken on the Beach Recipe Video
How To Make Chicken on the Beach
This chicken recipe is perfect for a hot summer night or a picnic on the beach. Serve with rice as a side dish and discover the wonderful flavors.
- Preheat oven at 300 degrees Farenheit
- Puree all ingredients for the sauce. Season to taste with salt & pepper. Adjust accordingly. Set aside
- Season both chicken parts with salt & pepper
- Melt shortening onto a hot pan & sear chicken evenly on all sides. Transfer to a braising pan
- Pour sauce onto the chicken, ensuring that it covers at least ¼ of the chicken
- Cover with foil, & transfer into a preheated oven
Braise for approximately 45 minutes, or until chicken juices run clear but remains moist. Note that the chicken breast will cook faster than the chicken leg, so keep a close eye as you may need to set aside the chicken breasts earlier
- With the excess sauce, place into a saucepot & reduce over medium heat until thickened, enough to brush over the chicken, but not cloying in taste
- Towards the last 5 minutes of braising, remove & discard the foil. Return the chicken breasts to reheat. You may also need to drain away some of the sauce from the braising, but do not discard as this will be served as its dipping sauce (or “pot liqueur”)
Brush the glaze over & around the chickens. Increase the top heat of the oven to 400 Fahrenheit, & roast the chicken briefly for the remaining 5 minutes until the skin turns a deep lacquer
- Serve together with the dipping sauce, over your choice of vegetables & rice
Commonly Asked Questions
Will Cooking Eliminate Salmonella From the Chicken?
Yes and no. Cooking the chicken meat thoroughly can definitely kill the bacteria however we cannot guarantee that you can safely eat it if the proper handling is observed afterward. But since you’re cooking at home, our advice is to just cook the chicken meat thoroughly.
Summer is here and, of course, everyone will want to go out and enjoy the outdoors. The next time you decide to have a picnic by the beach, try this recipe. It's simple and easy and you can have it anytime, anywhere. Use the condiment of your choice or add herbs in the marinade -- it's all up to you!
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!