How To Make Olive Garden Eggplant Parmigiana (Copycat)
Serve up this Olive Garden eggplant parmigiana recipe. Baked eggplants with slices of gooey mozzarella and served with a savory tomato sauce for a light and easy dinner.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Apply oil to a baking sheet.
- Cut each eggplant into 6 discs 1 to 1½ inches thick. Season each disk with salt and pepper and place on the oiled sheet.
- Bake the eggplant at 450 degrees F for 12 to 15 minutes or until the tops become deep brown. Remove the eggplants from the oven and transfer them to a plate and let cool.
- Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees F. In an 8x12 inch brownie pan, place the eggplants with even spaces apart. Spread ¼ cup tomato sauce and sprinkle with 1 tsp of basil. Place a slice of mozzarella on each and sprinkle with grated Parmigiano.
- Sprinkle each eggplant with bread crumbs and bake for 20 minutes or until cheese melts and turns light brown.
- In a 3 quart saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic for 8 to 10 minutes or until soft and golden brown. Add thyme and carrots and cook for 5 minutes or until carrot is soft. Add tomatoes and juice. Bring to a boil and stir regularly.
- Lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes until thick. Season with salt.
- Arrange eggplants neatly on a plate. Spoon over desired amount of tomato sauce and serve.
- Sugar: 14g
- Calcium: 553mg
- Calories: 455kcal
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
- Fat: 29g
- Fiber: 9g
- Iron: 3mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 12g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g
- Potassium: 1056mg
- Protein: 25g
- Saturated Fat: 13g
- Sodium: 1042mg
- Vitamin A: 3153IU
- Vitamin C: 35mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!