These polenta bars are a great dish to serve a crowd.
How To Make Polenta Tomato Bake
The tomatoes and cheese really elevate the flavor of this delicious baked polenta.
Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a medium pan, bring the water and salt to a boil.
- Add the cornmeal slowly while whisking.
Whisk in 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
Reduce heat and simmer, stirring frequently, until it thickens up, roughly 20 minutes.
Stir in half the parmesan.
Grease an 8 by 12 baking dish and set aside.
- In a large skillet melt the rest of the olive oil and add the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper and cook until they soften.
- Pour half the polenta in the baking dish and spread out.
- Top with half the tomatoes and some cheese.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients and bake for 20 minutes.
- Sugar: 1g
- Calcium: 199mg
- Calories: 297kcal
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Cholesterol: 29mg
- Fat: 18g
- Fiber: 3g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 159mg
- Protein: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Sodium: 603mg
- Vitamin A: 523IU
- Vitamin C: 3mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!