How To Make Parmesan Oven Baked Tomatoes
Make an impressive side with these baked tomatoes. They’re topped with breadcrumbs, cheese, and herbs, then baked until hot and ready.
- 3large ripe tomatoes,halved
- 1slicebread,or ¾ cup fresh bread crumbs
- ¼cupParmesan cheese,freshly grated
- 1tbspolive oil
- 3tbspfresh herbs,parsley, basil and oregano or ½ tsp each dried basil & dill
- salt and black pepper,to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Using a blender, food processor, or Magic Bullet, process the bread into fresh breadcrumbs.
In a small bowl, combine breadcrumbs, cheese, garlic, olive oil, herbs, salt, and pepper. Toss until well mixed.
Place sliced tomatoes in a shallow baking dish, season with salt and pepper. Top with breadcrumb mixture.
Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until crumbs are lightly browned. Be sure not to over bake so the tomatoes don’t become mushy.
- Calories: 73.05kcal
- Fat: 4.19g
- Saturated Fat: 1.39g
- Trans Fat: 0.00g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 2.17g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.41g
- Carbohydrates: 6.01g
- Fiber: 1.26g
- Sugar: 2.38g
- Protein: 3.53g
- Cholesterol: 4.21mg
- Sodium: 215.88mg
- Calcium: 92.32mg
- Potassium: 212.71mg
- Iron: 0.59mg
- Vitamin A: 53.19µg
- Vitamin C: 13.22mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!