How To Make Easy Sheet Pan Southwestern Dinner
This Southwestern dinner is loaded with a colorful mix of seasoned veggies baked until tender. Serve with avocado bell pepper sauce.
- 1small zucchini,cut into strips
- 1green bell pepper,cut into strips
- yellow bell pepper,cut into strips
- portobello mushroom,caps cut into strips
- ½cupgrape tomatoes,halved
- ½cupcorn,thawed if using frozen
- 1medium yellow onion,cut into wedges
- 15ozblack beans,(1 can) rinsed and drained
- 3clovesgarlic,minced, plus 3 cloves halved
- 1tspgarlic powder
- 1½tspsmoked paprika
- 1tsponion powder
- 1tspchili powder
- ¼tspcayenne pepper
- salt,to taste
- 4tbspolive oil,divided
- 3red bell peppers,halved and seeded
- 3tbsplemon juice
- pepper,to taste
- ¼tspred pepper flakes
- 3tbspfresh cilantro,chopped
- corn tortilla
- 1jalapeño,sliced, optional
- lime,cut into wedges, for ganish
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Place the zucchini, green and yellow bell peppers, mushrooms, grape tomatoes, corn, onion, black beans, and the minced garlic cloves on a baking sheet.
In a small bowl, combine the cumin, oregano, garlic powder, smoked paprika, onion powder, chili powder, and cayenne powder.
Sprinkle the seasoning mix over the vegetables. Add salt and 2 tablespoons of olive oil and toss with hands until the vegetables are well-coated.
Place the red bell pepper halves, cut side down, on a second baking sheet.
Bake the seasoned vegetables for 35 minutes, stirring halfway through, until tender. Bake the red bell peppers for 25 minutes, until soft.
Transfer the roasted red bell peppers to a medium bowl and cover it with a plate to let them sweat for about 10 minutes until the peels are easily removed from the flesh.
Peel the red bell peppers.
Transfer the flesh from the red bell peppers into a blender or food processor.
Add the avocado, halved garlic cloves, remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, lemon juice, a pinch of salt and pepper, and the red pepper flakes. Blend until smooth.
Remove the roasted vegetables from the oven and sprinkle with cilantro, if using.
Serve the roasted vegetables on corn tortillas with the sauce and sliced jalapeño, and lime wedges alongside.
- Calories: 662.34kcal
- Fat: 23.68g
- Saturated Fat: 3.55g
- Trans Fat: 0.00g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 15.17g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.40g
- Carbohydrates: 92.86g
- Fiber: 25.75g
- Sugar: 11.83g
- Protein: 27.67g
- Sodium: 992.01mg
- Calcium: 197.00mg
- Potassium: 2422.02mg
- Iron: 7.80mg
- Vitamin A: 202.78µg
- Vitamin C: 171.67mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!