How To Make Crispy Togarashi Chicken
This Japanese-inspired Togarashi chicken is delightfully crispy, made delicious with the Togarashi spice blend, then topped with a sesame cucumber relish.
For Cucumber Relish:
- 2tbsprice vinegar,unseasoned
- 1tsptoasted sesame oil
- ½tspgrated ginger
- 1clovegarlic,grated, or finely minced
- ¼tspkosher salt
- 1large English cucumber,seeded, diced
- 3tbspred onion,minced
- 1tbspsesame seeds,toasted
- 1lbchicken breast,boneless, skinless, cut lengthwise into thin cutlets
- 2tbspall-purpose flour
- 1large egg,lightly beaten
- 1cuppanko breadcrumbs,whole wheat
- 1tspShichimi Togarashi,(Japanese 7-Spice Blend)
- ½tspkosher salt,divided
- freshly ground black pepper,to taste
- 1tbsptoasted sesame seeds
- olive oil spray
- sriracha sauce,optional
Preheat oven to 400 F degrees.
In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sugar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, and salt.
Add the cucumber, onion, and sesame seeds, and stir. Set aside to allow the flavors to combine.
Season the chicken cutlets with ¼ teaspoon of salt and pepper.
Place flour on a shallow plate and egg in a medium bowl. Place panko, Togarashi, ¼ teaspoon salt, pepper, and sesame seeds on another shallow plate.
Dredge each cutlet lightly in flour, then in the egg (shaking off excess), then in the panko mixture.
Place on a sheet pan covered in parchment. Spray cutlets lightly with olive oil and bake for 20 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through.
Top each cutlet with about ½ cup of relish, 1 teaspoon of soy sauce and sriracha (if desired).
- Calories: 379.93kcal
- Fat: 20.27g
- Saturated Fat: 4.57g
- Trans Fat: 0.12g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 9.40g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.49g
- Carbohydrates: 20.22g
- Fiber: 2.06g
- Sugar: 3.24g
- Protein: 28.63g
- Cholesterol: 119.07mg
- Sodium: 485.69mg
- Calcium: 114.02mg
- Potassium: 440.95mg
- Iron: 2.52mg
- Vitamin A: 61.19µg
- Vitamin C: 2.91mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!