A hearty, Vegetarian dish with veggies, eggs, and cheese
How To Make Corn-Zucchini Bake
A healthy vegetarian casserole recipe made of corn and zucchini
- Wash zucchini; do not peel.
- Cut into 1 inch thick slices.
- Cook, covered, in a small amount of boiling salted water until tender, 15-20 minutes.
- Drain and mash with fork.
- Cook onion in 1 tbsp. butter till tender.
- Combine zucchini, onion, cooked corn, Swiss cheese, eggs, and salt.
- Turn mixture into a 1 qt. casserole.
- Combine crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and melted butter; sprinkle over corn mixture.
- Place casserole on a baking sheet.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 until knife inserted off-center comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving. Garnish with cherry tomatoes and parsley, if desired.
- Makes 6 servings.
- Sugar: 3g
- Calcium: 233mg
- Calories: 216kcal
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Cholesterol: 74mg
- Fat: 13g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 363mg
- Protein: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Sodium: 378mg
- Vitamin A: 639IU
- Vitamin C: 19mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!