Only way to love a good baked potato more is to bake it twice and add more cheese! Enjoy this stuffed baked potato recipe finished with chopped onions and smoky bacon bits.
How To Make Cheesy Twice-Baked Potatoes
Perfectly baked potatoes stuffed with mashed potato, bacon, and cheddar cheese.
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 1 hr
Total: 1 hr 10 mins
- 6 large baking potatoes
- 8 tbsp butter, divided
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp garlic, minced
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp white pepper
- ¼ lb bacon, diced, cooked
- ½ cup 2 percent milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Clean and pierce potatoes with a fork.
- Rub each potato with 1 teaspoon butter and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 45-50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sauté onion until tender in a small saucepan with butter and garlic. Set aside.
- Remove potatoes from the oven and let cool.
- Then, cut a thin slice off the top of each.
- Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell.
- In a bowl, mix and mash pulp with remaining butter.
- Stir in milk, egg, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the cheese, onion and bacon.
- Spoon the cheesy mixture into the potato shells.
Then, return potatoes back to the oven on a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees F for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove, let cool and serve.
- Sugar: 4g
- Calcium: 221mg
- Calories: 608kcal
- Carbohydrates: 70g
- Cholesterol: 61mg
- Fat: 30g
- Fiber: 5g
- Iron: 4mg
- Potassium: 1667mg
- Protein: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Sodium: 651mg
- Vitamin A: 916IU
- Vitamin C: 22mg
Submit Your Own Recipe
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!