This Russian classic is a sweet dish that will make your sweet tooth crave it. Blintz isperfect for breakfast, brunch or even dessert. You’ll be craving for a bite out of this tasty and mouthwatering dessert. You can top it off with any kind of berry but for this recipe, we used mixed berries.
How To Make Berry-Topped Blintz Bake
This sweet Russian dessert is made with two kinds of cheeses before finally topping it off with a variety of flavorful berries.
Preparing the Blintz:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Butter an 8-inch square dish with 2-inch high sides (2 quart pan).
To make the blintz, place cream cheese, cottage cheese, the egg yolk, 1 tbsp of sugar, 1 tbsp of flour and vanilla in a blender container.
- Blend on low speed until smooth, stopping and scraping down side of container once.
- Transfer cheese mixture to bowl; set aside.
- Do not wash blender.
- Place the 3 eggs, sour cream, milk, butter and lemon peel in blender container.
Blend on medium speed until smooth. Add combined ½ cup flour, ¼ cup sugar and 1 tsp baking powder.
- Blend on high speed until smooth.
- Pour half of the batter into the baking dish.
- Drop small spoonfuls of cheese mixture in evenly spaced rows on top of batter.
- Pour remaining batter on top.
- Bake until puffy and edges begin to turn golden, about 45 minutes.
Preparing the topping:
- To make topping, combine berries and syrup in a small saucepan.
- Heat over low heat until warm, stirring occasionally.
- Cool blintz on wire rack for 5 minutes.
- To serve, cut into squares; top with berries.
- Sugar: 10g
- Calcium: 116mg
- Calories: 288kcal
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Cholesterol: 94mg
- Fat: 18g
- Fiber: 7g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 131mg
- Protein: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Sodium: 327mg
- Vitamin A: 729IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!