A cinnamon and apple glaze tastes great with Cornish game hens. It nicely balances out the delicate flavors of the meat with its spiced, sweet flavor.
How To Make Apple Glazed Cornish Hens
This apple glazed cornish hens recipe is a delicate and moreish dish. Covered in a cinnamon and apple glaze that gives it a sweet and spicy balance.
- Remove giblets from hens and discard. Rinse hens under cold water and pat dry.
- Using a long, sharp knife, split hens lengthwise. You may also buy precut hens.
- Place hens, cavity side up, in a roasting pan. Dilute ½ cup of apple juice concentrate with water.
- Pour juice over hens. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes. Turn breast side up.
- In a small pan over medium heat, combine the remaining apple juice concentrate, cornstarch, and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Add 4 lemon slices and continue cooking until thickened. Remove from heat and brush hens with sauce.
- Return hens to oven and continue to bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Transfer hens to a serving platter and garnish with remaining lemon slices. Serve.
- Sugar: 6g
- Calcium: 47mg
- Calories: 637kcal
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Cholesterol: 303mg
- Fat: 42g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 3mg
- Potassium: 790mg
- Protein: 52g
- Saturated Fat: 12g
- Sodium: 186mg
- Vitamin A: 324IU
- Vitamin C: 12mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!