How To Make 3 Cheese Mac And Cheese
This 3 cheese mac and cheese is perfect for family dinners. The recipe combines the flavors of Gruyere, parmesan, and cheddar cheeses.
- 16 oz elbow macaroni or fusilli pasta, (1 package)
- 6 tbsp butter, cubed
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cup 2% milk, warmed
- 4 cup gruyere cheese, shredded
- 2 cup extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tsp salt
- ¾ tsp freshly ground pepper
- ¼ tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- 1½ cups panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook the macaroni in a 6-quart stockpot according to package directions for al dente. Drain; return to pot.
In a large saucepan, melt 6 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth; whisk in warmed milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat; stir in Gruyere and cheddar cheeses, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Add to macaroni, tossing to coat.
Transfer to a greased 13x9-inch baking dish. Toss bread crumbs with Parmesan cheese and melted butter; sprinkle over casserole.
Bake, uncovered, for 30 to 40 minutes or until bubbly and top is golden brown.
- Sugar: 6g
- Calcium: 748mg
- Calories: 586kcal
- Carbohydrates: 43g
- Cholesterol: 79mg
- Fat: 33g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 1mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 11g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g
- Potassium: 277mg
- Protein: 29g
- Saturated Fat: 16g
- Sodium: 899mg
- Vitamin A: 1104IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!