How To Make Spaghetti Squash Burrito Bowl
Dig into this vegan, belly-filling burrito bowl! It’s loaded with colorful spaghetti squash, cabbage and black bean slaw, and coated in a tangy salsa verde.
For Roasted Spaghetti Squash:
- 2medium spaghetti squash,(about 2 pounds each), halved, seeds removed
- 2tbspolive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
For Cabbage and Black Bean Slaw:
- 2cupspurple cabbage,thinly sliced, roughly chopped into 2-inch long pieces
- 15ozblack beans,(1 can), rinsed and drained
- 1red bell pepper,chopped
- ⅓cupgreen onions,chopped, both green and white parts
- ⅓cupfresh cilantro,chopped
- 3tbsplime juice,fresh, to taste
- 1tspolive oil
For Avocado Salsa Verde:
- ¾cupmild salsa verde
- 1avocado,ripe, diced
- ⅓cupfresh cilantro,a few stems
- 1tbsplime juice,fresh
- 1garlic clove,roughly chopped
- fresh cilantro,chopped
- pepitas,seasoned, toasted
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
On the baking sheet, drizzle the halved spaghetti squash with olive oil. Rub the olive oil all over each of the halves, adding more if necessary.
Sprinkle the insides of the squash with freshly ground black pepper and salt. Turn them over so the insides are facing down.
Roast for 40 to 60 minutes, until the flesh is easily pierced through with a fork. Set aside.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine the cabbage, black beans, bell pepper, green onion, cilantro, lime juice, olive oil, and salt.
Toss to combine, then set aside to marinate.
In the bowl of a blender or food processor, combine the avocado, salsa verde, cilantro, lime juice, and garlic.
Blend until smooth, pausing to scrape down the sides as necessary. Set aside.
First, use a fork to separate and fluff up the flesh of the spaghetti squash.
Divide the slaw into each of the spaghetti squash “bowls”, then add a big dollop of avocado salsa verde.
Finish the bowls with another sprinkle of pepper, cilantro, and crumbled feta or pepitas.
Serve, and enjoy!
- Calories: 628.56kcal
- Fat: 18.58g
- Saturated Fat: 2.83g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 10.93g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.96g
- Carbohydrates: 95.90g
- Fiber: 26.19g
- Sugar: 13.23g
- Protein: 27.29g
- Sodium: 1208.10mg
- Calcium: 231.59mg
- Potassium: 2431.30mg
- Iron: 7.50mg
- Vitamin A: 123.39µg
- Vitamin C: 86.68mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!