Getting requests from your kids to try out Trenette Al Pesto pasta from Disney Pixar’s Luca? This easy recipe will help you re-create the dish at home! While it is often prepared using trenette pasta, you can opt for the similar-looking linguine instead. Simply toss in some yellow potatoes and green beans and mix with your homemade basil pesto sauce to complete the dish!
How To Make Trenette Al Pesto (Luca Pasta)
This famous pasta dish is from Disney Pixar’s Luca often made with trenette pasta. It is cooked with yellow potatoes and green beans before tossing in a fresh basil pesto.
- Put all the ingredients of the pesto in the food processor and pulse until everything is blended.
- Blend it for roughly 30 seconds to make it smooth but not emulsified. The key to a great-tasting pesto is to not cook the basil.
- Then, boil the water for the pasta. Once it boils, add some coarse salt to the pot.
- Blanche the green beans for a minute and then shack in a bowl of iced water.
- Add the potatoes to the boiling water and cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until fork-tender.
- Throw in the pasta and drain the pasta once cooked but still al dente—not too soft. Save a little bit of the pasta water for the sauce.
- Place the pesto on the bottom of the serving bowl, add a couple spoonfuls of the pasta water for the pesto then add the pasta to the bowl with the pesto.
- Mix it well, then serve!
- Sugar: 1g
- Calcium: 97mg
- Calories: 803kcal
- Carbohydrates: 101g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- Fat: 36g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 22g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g
- Potassium: 163mg
- Protein: 21g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Sodium: 1236mg
- Vitamin A: 976IU
- Vitamin C: 7mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!
Pan-Fry & Skillet
Pan-Fry & Skillet