How To Make Rainbow Veggie Skewers
Grill up some flavorful veggie skewers for your next side dish! It comes with a tasteful vinaigrette, and can be made in under an hour.
- ¼cupolive oil
- 2tbspwhite balsamic vinegar,or white wine vinegar
- 2garlic cloves,minced
- ¼tspblack pepper,freshly-ground
- 16tomatoes,cherry or grape
- 1red bell pepper,cored and cut into 1-inch squares
- 1orange bell pepper,cored and cut into 1-inch squares
- 1yellow squash,halved and cut into ½ -inch thick slices
- 1yellow bell pepper,cored and cut into 1-inch squares
- 1zucchini,halved and cut into ½-inch thick slices
- 1green bell pepper,cored and cut into 1-inch squares
- 1red onion,large, peeled and quartered then cut into bite-sized pieces
- 8purple potatoes,halved
Whisk the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper together until blended. Set aside.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
Add the halved purple potatoes, then boil for 10 minutes or until fork tender, stirring occasionally. Drain.
Add the purple potatoes and the bell peppers, yellow squash, zucchini, and onions to a large bowl.
Toss with the vinaigrette until combined.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 10 minutes, or up to 8 hours.
Heat the grill to medium heat.
Thread the vegetables onto the skewers. Sprinkle with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
Place the skewers on an oiled grill, then cook for 5 to 7 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
Serve, and enjoy!
- Calories: 161.60kcal
- Fat: 3.88g
- Saturated Fat: 0.56g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 2.51g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.54g
- Carbohydrates: 29.77g
- Fiber: 5.04g
- Sugar: 5.81g
- Protein: 4.05g
- Sodium: 88.96mg
- Calcium: 42.27mg
- Potassium: 949.87mg
- Iron: 1.60mg
- Vitamin A: 83.57µg
- Vitamin C: 89.85mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!