A wonderful side dish for a big family holiday get together. This includes all sorts of tastes and textures.
How To Make Butternut Squash and Green Beans with Maple Syrup
Baked butternut squash and green benas with a sweet maple syrup
- Place the squash cubes on a large baking pan.
- Drizzle one to two tbsp. of vegetable oil over the squash.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake the squash for 20 minutes or until nearly tender, turning once during cooking.
- While the squash is cooking steam the green beans until they turn color and start to become tender.
- Do not overcook the beans; they will continue to cook in the skillet.
- While the beans and the squash are cooking, melt the butter in a large, non-stick skillet.
- Place the slivered almonds in the butter and sauté for several minutes.
- Place the squash and the beans in the skillet with the almonds.
- Pour the maple syrup over the vegetables and stir.
- Cook until the dish is hot and the vegetables are nearly tender, stirring often.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot.
- Sugar: 14g
- Calcium: 125mg
- Calories: 192kcal
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fat: 8g
- Fiber: 6g
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 662mg
- Protein: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 47mg
- Vitamin A: 10880IU
- Vitamin C: 34mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!