From the October 2004 issue of Bon Appetit, this is quite the Thanksgiving pleaser!
Baked Yams with Ginger-Molasses Butter Recipe
- ½ cup unsalted butter or 1 stick, room temperature
- 3 tbsp golden brown sugar packed
- 1 tbsp light molasses mild-flavored
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch ground cloves
- 3 tbsp crystallized ginger minced
- 6 yams red-skinned sweet potatoes, 8-oz each, rinsed, patted dry
- Mix first 6 ingredients in small bowl to blend.
- Stir in crystallized ginger.
- Season with salt and generous amount of pepper. (Can be made 3 days ahead. Cover; chill. Bring ginger-molasses butter to room temperature before using.)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pierce yams in several places with fork; bake on rimmed baking sheet until tender when pierced with fork, about 50 minutes.
- Cut lengthwise slit in each yam and press in ends to open top.
- Spoon 2 tbsp. ginger-molasses butter into each yam and serve.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!