From the October 2004 issue of Bon Appetit, this is quite the Thanksgiving pleaser!
How To Make Baked Yams with Ginger-Molasses Butter
Red-skinned baked yams flavored with sweet and smokey molasses
- Mix first 6 ingredients in small bowl to blend.
- Stir in crystallized ginger.
- Season with salt and generous amount of pepper. (Can be made 3 days ahead. Cover; chill. Bring ginger-molasses butter to room temperature before using.)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pierce yams in several places with fork; bake on rimmed baking sheet until tender when pierced with fork, about 50 minutes.
- Cut lengthwise slit in each yam and press in ends to open top.
- Spoon 2 tbsp. ginger-molasses butter into each yam and serve.
- Sugar: 17g
- Calcium: 89mg
- Calories: 692kcal
- Carbohydrates: 132g
- Cholesterol: 41mg
- Fat: 16g
- Fiber: 17g
- Iron: 3mg
- Potassium: 3473mg
- Protein: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Sodium: 44mg
- Vitamin A: 1052IU
- Vitamin C: 72mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!