Asparagus with Roasted Peppers and Olives Recipe
A great combination of ingredients you most likely have on-hand in the kitchen. This asparagus recipe is great for last-minute dinner ideas.
How To Make Asparagus with Roasted Peppers and Olives
- Roast the red pepper by placing on a high gas flame, on a hot grill or under the broiler for 10 minutes, turning until all sides are black.
- Wrap the pepper in a damp towel and leave to rest for 5 minutes, or until cool enough to handle.
- Using your finger or a sharp knife, peel off the skin; rub off any black charred spots with the damp towel.
Cut the pepper into ½-inch pieces.
In a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat, cook the asparagus and garlic for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Add the lemon juice; cover and cook for 2 minutes, or until the asparagus is bright green and crisp-tender.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the red peppers, olives, parsley and hot-pepper sauce; add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve topped with the fontina or porvolone.
- Calcium: 80mg
- Calories: 77kcal
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Cholesterol: 9mg
- Fat: 4g
- Fiber: 3g
- Iron: 3mg
- Potassium: 312mg
- Protein: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Sodium: 180mg
- Sugar: 4g
- Vitamin A: 2197IU
- Vitamin C: 53mg