These Asian twisted dumplings are great appetizer. With the easy and wholesome taste you won’t be disappointed.
How To Make Easy Asian Dumplings
- 1/2 head napa cabbage (1 pound) root cut off, cabbage halved lengthwise
- 3/4 lb ground pork
- 2 green onions minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger finely grated
- 1 tbsp dark or regular soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp garlic finely grated
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- any type of sauce
- To make the dumplings, begin by heating a steam basket above boiling water.
- Place the cabbage in the steam basket and steam it for about 20 minutes until it is tender.
- Transfer the cabbage to a colander and squeeze the remaining water out.
- Chop the cabbage evenly.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cabbage, pork, green onions, ginger, soy sauce, garlic, sesame oil, salt, and 1 tbsp. of vegetable oil.
- Start stirring the ingredients and then refrigerate them for 3 hours.
- Place the flour in a large mixing bowl and slowly add cold water and the remaining tbsp. of vegetable oil.
- Stir the flour until the dough starts to form. Knead the dough for about 10 minutes and then refrigerate it for 30 minutes.
- Cut the dough into 4 parts and roll each piece into perfect circles. Place 1 tbsp. of filling in the center of each dough circle.
- Pull the sides of the dough up and seal the top center. Make small indentations to make it visually pleasing.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and place the dumplings (in batches) inside the pot. Afterward, boil them for about 3-4 minutes.
- Once your Asian dumplings are done boiling, serve them with your desired sauce and enjoy.